The BSc (Hons) International Nursing Studies programme aims to introduce you to the principles and practice of Nursing in the United Kingdom (UK). The course is designed for students who want to develop their knowledge and understanding of the wider issues in nursing practice and some of the wider issues influencing health and social care. The inclusion of the Research and Evidence based practice Module facilitates the requirements to fulfil an honours degree. The course will equip you with the appropriate knowledge and skills, as well as encouraging and enabling you to explore the value base necessary for qualified nurses.
Along with the move to establishing nursing as an all graduate profession in the UK, the increasing trend internationally to raise the status of the profession through academic enhancement. Completion of this programme would significantly increase your chances of employment and professional progression. Identify regional, national or international opportunities There has been an identified need to increase nurses globally as there is a predicted shortfall (RCN). Internationally, respective governments are looking for ways to develop their nursing populations.
1. Enhance your nursing knowledge, skills and attributes during either a one or two year programme of study that meets the requirements of an honours degree. The complete 2 year award is comprised of 6 modules at level 5 and 6 modules at level 6, addressing a range of nursing issues and of professional nursing practice, affording the student with a sound theoretical and practical foundation for future employment.
2. Promote your development as a critical reflexive practitioner applying reflective practice to professional decision making, and undertaking learning that also recognises the value of prior achievement. This approach aims to nurture the ‘thinking practitioner’ with problem solving skills, which, in conjunction with clinical judgement, will support excellence in nursing practice.
3. Develop your ability to apply critical analysis to techniques of scientific enquiry which will enable the interpretation and application of evidence to nursing practice within a range of care settings.
4. Enable you to demonstrate the academic and transferable key skills within the lifelong learning context, whilst applying evidenced practice to a range of simulated nursing scenarios
5. Foster the development of independent study capabilities through the use of research methods employing critical analysis and evidence based enquiry. Provide a fully supervised clinical placement during your programme to offer a valuable experience of nursing in the UK.
6. Provide a fully supervised clinical placement during your programme to offer a valuable experience of nursing in the UK.
Fees for this course have not yet been agreed. Please contact us for further information.
The University also offers a range of Bursaries and Scholarships in addition to other financial support packages
These fees are applicable for new entrants in . If you have any queries regarding the fees listed please contact
These fees are for the current academic year only. Any subsequent years may be subject to an annual increase, usually in line with inflation.