This course is designed to provide graduates with the skills and knowledge to make a positive contribution to the mechanical engineering sector in Sri Lanka and overseas. The student will be able to apply a distinct yet diverse body of knowledge, principles and skills in the field of mechanical engineering. Students will have a level of competence that is appropriate for that of professional body and international standards recognition. This specific pathway is aimed to meet the vocational requirements and aspirations of engineers in the field of mechanical engineering.
The UK iteration of the pathway has been accredited with the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), and has been recommended for accreditation with the Institution of Mechanical Engineering (IMechE).
Course aims include:
· demonstrate an understanding of the concepts underpinning mechanical engineering;
· develop analysis and synthesis skills in and across a range of technological areas which may contribute to a mechanical system;
· foster an appreciation and understanding of the issues presented when working in the mechanical engineering field;
· develop a skill base in the use of new technologies in the field of mechanical engineering;
· develop the ability to identify a problem and assess a range of possible solutions in the field of mechanical engineering;
· equip students to give them the ability to work in, and meet the needs of, the mechanical engineering field within the country where they are based, and broaden their employability prospects.
· develop the creative abilities necessary to design and implement systems comprising a variety of mechanical components.
|Full time||- *||£11,475|
|Part time||- *|
The University also offers a range of Bursaries and Scholarships in addition to other financial support packages
These fees are applicable for new entrants in 2017/8. If you have any queries regarding the fees listed please contact 01902 323403
These fees are for the current academic year only. Any subsequent years may be subject to an annual increase, usually in line with inflation.
* We are currently unable to confirm these fees.